It's all been done before; nonetheless, allow me to present my
Top Ten Reasons to Fly El-Al:
10. Flight attendants who are truly courteous, helpful, and good with kids (remember the old days?).
9. Choice of meals among many: kosher, super-kosher, kosher vegan, kosher fish, kosher kiddie meal, etc. etc.
8. Those new 777's with the personal seat-back MP4 systems, featuring on-demand movies, music, games, and the latest Israeli TV shows.
7. You kids can scream and kick all they want -- someone else's will always drown them out.
6. Snacks and drinks available in the back, all hours of the day and night (or is that night and day?).
5. Our guys are in charge of security.
4. Tfilat haDerech* on page one of the in-flight magazine.
3. Directional arrow up on the screen points toward Jerusalem throughout the flight -- no guessing where to aim your prayers.
2. Lost luggage now a rarity due to the strict security tracking system.
And most importantly, the number one reason to fly El-Al:
1. You'll feel like you've come home, long before reaching TLV.
I know, there are always a few snags in the system, but like so many other things, given a choice, I choose the Israeli option.
Keep the balance,
* The traveler's prayer, said before long or especially dangerous journeys.